Thursday, August 09, 2007

First shiner!

It had to happen eventually, right? We frequently attend a playgroup on Thursday mornings. We had stopped for a while because just wasn't "big enough." We started up a few weeks ago. Maybe she's still not big enough.

A three or four year old (she wasn't a small girl no matter what her age) was swinging on something she shouldn't have been - and she happened to be between Katy and I since it was inside some jungle-gym type equipment. It was a tight space so I thought I'd let the kids jostle around until Katy needed some hlep climbing to get to the slide. That girl took a big swing and knocked Katy out - like a roundhouse puch to the eye - with her head. Katy took it like a champ and cried for a while but was generally ready to be back in the mix after a little while. The little girl apologized. The mother of the little girl glared at me. The woman who runs the playgroup panicked and asked if she needed to "run interference." I think I was the only person who WASN'T upset. These things happen. I guess I'll just cancel Katy's 18 month pictures that were scheduled for early next week.....

No comments: