Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Wow, Mommy thought it was going to be a quiet week so she took pictures of the inside of the house to share.

We just thought this outfit was too cute to not take a picture....



Here are shots up our stairs. Daddy calls the nesting dolls the "forbidden dolls" and teases me with them every time we walk upstairs together. There will probably be years of therapy in my future trying to figure out why these dolls were "forbidden." (They're not, really, in case you're wondering - although, they are a bit small for me right now and I really like to shove things straight into my mouth...) And yes, the cat usually is in that spot (or just out of my reach, one of the two).





Here's my bedroom. There's actually a huge built-in closet on the wall you can't see that I get to use as my closet and Mommy and Daddy use for some overflow storage.



This is the guest bedroom. You have to walk "through" the guest bedroom to get to Mommy and Daddy's room (the only disadvantage to this house and the reason they almost didn't take it). We put up a huge curtain on a zip line that makes it its own separate room now! (the curtain just remains open most of the time, no real reason to close it)



And finally, Mommy and Daddy's room. Not much exciting there. Notice the "closets." Houses over here don't have built-in closets like we're used to back in the U.S., so everyone uses wardrobes (the built-in that's in my room is actually a wardrobe that runs the length of the wall)



I'm getting to be quite the escape artist. Mommy set me down after cleaning up from breakfast (peas today, yum) and I rolled away before she could get another outfit.



I've started napping in what Mommy calls the "3/4 roll" position. Mommy came upstairs to adjust the fan (it was oscillating and setting off the baby monitor every time it went past, highly annoying) and caught me like this even though she'd laid me down on my back. She waited to take the picture until I woke up though (also, excuse the peas on the sheets, I still spit up fairly frequently, but it's not as bad as it used to be).



I've become VERY mobile over the past week or so. I find the fan fascinating, so I've been "chasing" it (think O.J. and the low speed chase). Mommy will notice that I'm getting too close and move the fan a foot or two further away and we'll repeat the whole process again. Notice the trail of toys I'm dragging with me.





So, we decided to try out the pool! In a largely symbolic gesture, Mommy put on my "Beach Baby" outfit and skirt (we were just going to walk down the driveway and take it back off again).



We got all set up and ready to go.



Sunglasses? Check. Juice cup? Check.



Then we got down to business and got naked (ok, just me. We may be in Europe, but Mommy's still an American at heart and there are just parts of her that the neighbors don't need to see).



I played with an empty cup, my favorite water toy. I love to yell into it and hear my voice reverberate back at me.



Then we got down to the true object of the day - the pool! I was NOT a big fan of the inner tube device. The water is still way too cold for me. I'm going to Grandpa's house for the heated pool!



I did really enjoy sitting on the edge of the pool (with Mommy's arm wrapped tightly around me) and putting my legs in. We tried to take some pictures, but Mommy was doing it one-handed and without aiming, so they aren't the greatest shots ever, but you get the idea.





When Mommy would pull me out of the water I would just giggle and giggle. We'd dry off, play for a while and repeat the whole process. This was high fun! After we dried off the final time, we headed back inside to take a quick nap.



After Daddy came home and after our nightly walk, we went out to play in the pool again - or at least dip our feet in.











Look at this ambition and that high knee! I'll be crawling soon....



In other random tidbits, Mommy figured out what the strange, but good, fruit was that they had in Switzerland. She was standing in the produce section of the Commissary with her eyes glazed over trying to remember what she needed and her gaze fell upon a small basket of fruit. We wandered over and, sure enough, it was "physallis." It turns out that physallis is what we in the United States would call a Gooseberry. Who knew? Mommy bought a small basket, just for amusement.

No comments: