I put my foot in my mouth for the first time (then promptly decided that I wasn't interested any more and haven't done it again since).

I also rolled over to under the coffee table and tried to play on it like monkey bars.


Mommy promised herself no more pictures of me covered with food but I was especially cute this time. I have sweet potatoes and rice cereal EVERYWHERE.

After we came back from our errands yesterday I made a mess of some sort and Mommy decided that it just wasn't worth bothering to put clothes back on me. It was just too hot (and I was starting to look a little dehydrated - 4 days of intense heat makes that a serious concern - I'm much better this morning). I decided that I wanted no part of Mommy even HELPING me to eat. I was obviously hungry but would squirm and wiggle and yell to get out of her lap. She finally set me up in my boppy pillow and let me take care of myself. It suited me just fine.


Mommy never put my car seat away last night so this morning when she came back upstairs from putting on a load of laundry (another load of laundry?!?) she caught me here - I had rolled over several times and was playing happily with the underside of my car seat. Now Mommy knows that the car seat has to go away every time going forward - nothing is safe (we're currently debating when to get me a "big girl" car seat - before or after our trip to the U.S.)

The weather finally broke here and it's been much cooler and cloudy today. We decided to take my new backpack carrier for a secondary test walk (the first was not successful - we decided that I was just a bit too small at that point in time). After we loaded up we walked into the bathroom so that Mommy could have a look and make sure I wasn't tangled up in anything. We took a "self-portrait" in the mirror.


Since this was a short test-walk the object of our trip was just up the street. For the past week or so there's been activity at the soccer field about 100 yards away (we can see the entrance to the field out our front windows and from our upstairs porch, but not the entire thing). Tents have been going up and vendors have been appearing. There's a bratwurst stand and a beer truck parked out there.

Mommy also suspected that she saw some carnival type rides being built, so up the street we went. She was right; although, she says that I'm too little to ride them this year.

The carrier was a much bigger sucess this time so we'll break it in slowly in the next few weeks.
We suspect that the activity up the street is our town's "fest" coming up this weekend. We'll probably stick close to home to enjoy the atmosphere of our new home town.



No comments:
Post a Comment