22. Missouri
23. Oklahoma
Mommy and Daddy had talked about driving into Maine and New Hampshire with me so that I could touch half the states on this trip, but I was really tired of being in the car. Maybe next time.
Six thousand two hundred and seventeen (yes, 6,217) miles later, we made it "home" to Grandpa's house. We got up at 3am both mornings of the final leg, which meant that I at least slept through some of the boring driving. We drove through St. Louis at sunrise - traffic came to a dead stop on the bridge, so we got to admire the arch for a few minutes.

We're now back and recuperating. Daddy and I spent the first morning napping and playing video games. Unfortunately, Daddy had to go back to work for a few more days to outprocess from our last base before we can move on to our next one.

We really enjoyed seeing everyone across the country - this was an adventure of the grandest scale. While we wanted to spend more time everywhere, we definitely didn't feel rushed and we all got quality time everywhere. I have a feeling that I may be a bit too old from this point forward to ever attempt a trip of this magnitude again, but we're glad that we all got to do it at least once.
Next step is to start getting packed for the trip to Germany. Daddy found out that our "quick ship" belongings have already arrived, so I'll have a crib and Mommy and Daddy will at least have an air mattress waiting for them when we get there. We should find out in the next day or so if all the cats can come with us (they told Daddy he could only find out 15 hours in advance, it turns out that it's 15 days...).
Mommy and I are also going to bak my first cake this week for Daddy's birthday (Mommy realized that she's never been home for Daddy's birthday - she's always been too busy to bake, so this is exciting for all of us). We'll let you know how that adventure goes!



No comments:
Post a Comment